Replacement iPhone had battery issues, went to apple store and..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VoilaiPhone, Oct 26, 2014.

1. VoilaiPhone macrumors regular

Got my replacement 6+ at the Apple store last week, iOS 8.1 fresh install

hard reset and draining was persistent. Chatted with Apple Care online,

they put some notes in my case number, and asked me to go to apple store

with the case number. Live chat specifically told me to go straight to the manager with the case number.

Manager took a look at it and

BROUGHT A BRAND NEW RETAIL IPHONE 6+ AND GAVE ME A NEW PHONE.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

3. VoilaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I said I don't need the accessories since I already have them. But, they insisted on taking 'em

4. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

what kinda of battery drainage were you experiencing and what made you replace your first Plus? just curious cause im having battery issue as well on my retail 6 Plus.

5. VoilaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

1% Drainage per every 3 minutes on 20% Brightness with minimal usage.

6. CanadaEh macrumors regular

7. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

Is that what was wrong with your first Plus? Just wondering how i should bring this up this Tuesday for my Genius Bar appt since i already tried last week but they wouldnt replace due to their diagnostics tests showing my battery to be in the 100% "green level"

8. VoilaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

No, My original purchase was fine but dead pixels and other stuff caused them to give me a replacement. The replacement's battery was draining super quicky.

----------

Do a self-diagnostics test by going to apple care website. Once they send you the txt, choose extended version of it.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Whether the genius bar runs the diagnostics or you do the self-diagnostic at home, it is the same program that Apple uses. So the poster above would probably get the same results even if he/she did the self-diagnostic test.

10. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

is the self diagnostics test only available for applecare+? all i see on the applecare website is about registering an applecare agreement.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

The diagnostic test will show that your battery health to be in green level. It's matter of what may be caused that drains the battery.

Couple weeks back, I had this similar issue where battery would drain and phone felt warm even though I have not even touched my phone. So that night I did a factory reset and set it up as new. This of course fixed my drain issue and went back to normal.

However, I did go to the genius bar for a different reason, noticing a dark band on my 6 Plus. But I also mentioned to them that I experienced a battery drainage before the factory reset and wanted to make sure that my battery was fine.

Even with my brand new phone, I noticed battery drain and ran the diagnostic, and Apple told me that there were two apps that gave me the jetsam (low memory) issue so it seemed like those two apps that I check was somehow running and not freezing itself when I exit the app.

Go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and Usage and check what you are getting.

Also go to Settings > General > Usage and see what is using up most of the battery.

For me Angry Birds Transformers was number 1 issue so I ended up deleting the app and so far my phone is back to normal.

Also I guess it depends on who you get for the genius, but most likely they may suggest you do a factory restore and set it up as new and see if that will fix any issue. If that doesn't that it is possibility of a hardware failure that may cause the battery to drain.