Replacement Iphone has cracks...as well

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndeere768, Mar 20, 2009.

1. johndeere768 macrumors newbie

Just got a replacement Iphone 3G (white) today from Apple, had it since when it came out. But I just noticed the replacement also has numerous mini cracks on it. Any suggestions? Should I go back and ask for ANOTHER replacement?:eek::confused:

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Definitely. Make sure you just straight up speak with a manager.

3. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

i honestly don't think you'll ever get one without those hairline cracks. if it doesn't have it at the beginning, it'll develop it over time. i went through a couple of iphones.. there was one with a hairline crack on the screen and one near the sim card slot.. went to get that one replaced, got one with hairline cracks all around the casing. had to replace that one, and got another one with a couple of hairline cracks on the casing. the geniuses eventually told me it was normal and showed me a couple of examples. sometimes you never know.. you could get one that's worse. but if it bugs you, definitely go replace it. :)

4. johndeere768 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I ask for a refund even though its been like over 6 months since I got the first one? Has anyone tried?

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

They're going to laugh in your face. Seriously. Not only are you way over the return period, but there's no way AT&T is going to say "oh sorry, here's your money back for the last 6 months of service that you used"

6. iPhAddict macrumors newbie

iPhAddict

I'm definitely sure they're not going to give you refund. But taking it back to them and talking to them politely will help you. I'm sure they're gonna do something about those cracks. I hope they will. hehe

7. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

Where are all these cracks people are complaining about, I've had the iphone for like 3 months, I also check for cracks but never seem to find them. :confused:

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

they're more easily seen in the white iPhone 3G, but the most common places are hairline cracks around the headphone port and near the corners and edges of the back of the phone.

9. aok1975 macrumors 6502

Why would you want a refund. Just take the replacement phone and sell it on ebay for much more than you paid for it, you could sell the 16gb for 600.

10. johndeere768 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great idea I should do that since mine is brand spanking new. :)

11. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

They'll obviously keep your old phone when they replace it.

I just noticed a crack on my black iPhone between the bezel and the ringer switch. It's noticeable and gathers dirt, etc. I plan on taking it back for a new one.