Replacement iPhone not recognized by iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itags.org, Aug 1, 2009.

1. itags.org macrumors newbie

I had to get a replacement iPhone - prior to replacement had no trouble sync -ing with windows mail contact - now iTunes will not recognize existance of iPhone. Windows does - e.g. I can see the iPhone when I go to "computer" and when I connect a screen comes up to see if I want to download photos. I have complete reinstsalled iTunes several times (same dowload worked on my wifes XP machine and iTunes could see iPhone). I have taken all security off, and turned off protection in user controls. I am at a loss and four phone calls to level 2 apple support have not resolved problem:D:D:D

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put the iPhone into DFU mode and see if it get's detected. If it does, you should restore it.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try putting the phone in recovery mode, since it seems to be recognized by your computer.

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

^ +1 to both. If it doesn't, return it. /thread ;)

5. TomInOregon macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem ever since the 3.0 update. Once in a great while it will sync without issue, but usually it won't. I just got it working 15 minutes ago by rebooting the phone and the computer. This is happening on my original 2G iphone (not a replacement) and only since the 3.0 update. Hopefully the 3.0.1 update will fix it.

Tom