Replacement iPhone still in wrapping..... keep and use old iPhone until new one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wwe2008, May 6, 2009.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

So yeah... my iPhone 3G was smashed and I got s replacement through O2.. Now I know that it's all rumours but do you think that I should keep it in the shrink wrapping until WWDC to see what happenens and keep using my 2G iPhone then sell my 3G iPhone for a hell of alot more than it will cost me to upgrade to a (new) iPhone? or just keep it really safe (using iSkin Revo 2 case) then resell?
    Thanks... Any ideas?

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

So now that you have a 3G model, I take it you upgraded your line to get the 3G? If so, then no one knows what your cost will be to upgrade this summer. There's rampant speculation as to what will be offered, but chances are, it will cost you more than a new customer or someone that IS eligible for upgrade.

You should still be able to sell the 3G model for roughly the same cost to upgrade "early" if you're allowed to by your carrier. You will not know until AT&T or whomever your carrier is makes an announcement.

3. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using my old first gen iPhone (crack in glass but still usable) and when I did upgrade to 3G iPhone it costed me £60 because I'm on O2-UK £45pm contract, so I assume it will be around the same when the next one is released.
    I'm now just wondering is it worth it holding the 3G iPhone in the shrink wrapping then keep the 1st Gen iPhone until the new one is released then sell the sealed 3G iPhone for quite a bit on eBay?

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

It probably won't be the same, you received a discounted phone to sign a new/extended contract. You'll have to wait and see if your carrier ALLOWS you to upgrade, which will most likely be at a higher price.