Replacement Ipod Touch UK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touchmanic, Nov 7, 2007.

1. touchmanic macrumors member

Hi guys, just a quick question. I have returned my 16gb week 41 ipod touch to Apple UK due to stuck pixels and am due to receive a replacement soon.
    Was just wondering if any one here has done this yet? If so, did you get a new factory sealed ipod and did it come with packaging etc? I've been told jsut to expect the unit and no cables etc and am curious to know how it'll be packaged etc. Cheers!

2. jo1970 macrumors newbie

Hi, I had mine replaced in Australia and was just given the touch on it's own. I think that is the standard policy with apple. Under their warranty terms they say that you are given either a new or refurbished model. You keep all of your original accessories and they just give you an ipod on its own.
    If it is being sent out to you then it will probably be bubble wrapped and in a plain box. I had a nano replaced and that is the way I received it. With the touch I took it to a service centre and picked up my new one a few days later. It was in a small plastic bag and had the plastic protective film on the front and back. Other than that there was no other packaging whatsoever.

3. tony Ramirez macrumors member

im in the US and im picky and there was a dead pixel in the middle which was bothering me so i took it back in the box with eevrything and they just took it back and gave me a fresh shrink-wrapped new one
    just thought i'd give my story

4. polygon_monkey macrumors newbie

Mine broke 3 weeks ago to the day and I still don't have a replacement. Don't hold your breath on receiving a replacement any time soon.

I was told to send mine back with all the accessories and original packaging so I'd better get a new boxed one.

I'm in the UK BTW