Replacement Keyboard for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coachingguy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Hey all!

I'm looking to replacement deceased aluminum Mac Keyboard with number pad. Before I plunk down $50 on another one, I wanted to see what the assembled might recommend as a replacement.

I'm currently typing on a rubber keyboard from Monoprice that I bought as a back up and a lark, that is too small for my hands and has really small Shift keys..

Two things to consider:

1)I like the "chicklet" style of the Mac keyboard. I cannot stand the plastic, hollow sounding, loud raised keys of a Windows keyboard...

2)I do need a numbers pad

Thanks again!

Coachingguy

PS: Wired or Wireless I'm flexible

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I got my wife a Luna Moshi keyboard for her iMac because she wanted a backlit keyboard. It's physically large but very comfortable. It is wired, has a numerical pad, and adds the forward delete key.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I looked for an apple keyboard, but didn't like the price so i got a cheap Logitech keyboard from WalMart.

Then did the key reversal (using system preferences/keyboard) so the option and command keys would reverse and act normally once i log in. Though it doesn't have some of the extended keys apple keyboards use or the actual option/command printed on the keys.

So if you like simple PC keyboard, it'll likely work for you.

There are a lot of keyboard variations out there, so you might find one you like.

4. coachingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Thanks!

Looks like a great keyboard, but about double what I wanted to spend.

Coachingguy

5. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

More than I wanted to spend too but my wife is happy and if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.