Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PVIllustration

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Hey All,

I've tried looking high and low for an online supplier that can provide me with replacement keys for my Macbook Pro but so far I've been out of luck.

Sadly, there's no Apple store in my country yet, and the Apple resellers say the only option is to send in my MBP to apple which would take around 14 days. That is not really an option.

What I need is a left-shift key for my Euro-keyboard layout ( it's the one with the small left-shift key layout - US has the larger shift key).

Would really appreciate any help I can get. :)
Thanks,
Peter

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hey All,

I've tried looking high and low for an online supplier that can provide me with replacement keys for my Macbook Pro but so far I've been out of luck.

Sadly, there's no Apple store in my country yet, and the Apple resellers say the only option is to send in my MBP to apple which would take around 14 days. That is not really an option.

What I need is a left-shift key for my Euro-keyboard layout ( it's the one with the small left-shift key layout - US has the larger shift key).

Would really appreciate any help I can get. :)
Thanks,
Peter

Go to ebay.com (or your local eBay if your country has one) and search for MacBook Pro left shift key. If you don't find any, look on the left hand side of the screen and check the box where it says something in the lines of "search area: world".

PVIllustration

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Sorry for ressurrecting this thread. just wanted to let you guys know that i indeed found a replacement key on ebay.

Took a while, but the seller was really helpful. If anyone is in the same need for keys for their Macbooks I can highly recommend the seller applecomponents

cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.