Replacement Keys

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DeChrii, Apr 13, 2011.

1. DeChrii macrumors member

So recently my +/= sign key jammed and I realized the white piece connecting the black key to the computer has a chipped edge which forces one side of the key inwards. I also purchased this recently so I still have Apple Care. I'm going to be taking it into Apple tomorrow to see if they have replacement keys. Do any of you know if apple replaces individual keys? Or will they have to replace the whole keyboard meaning I will have to leave my laptop with them? Thanks

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

On my early 2008 I had individual keys replaced in the store, but I don't know about the newer keyboards.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They should be able to replace the single key in-store

4. iMackPro macrumors 6502

my friend had a white macbook and the same thing happened to his J and they replaced the entire bottom, new plastic around the computer, track pad, keys, etc. im not sure those are made differently (keyboard wise not obi the material itself) or what maybe the keys are all together on those but it would be cool if you got all new keys!!! i love the fresh feeling of keys =) one of my favorite thing about buying new computer!!

5. DeChrii thread starter macrumors member

thanks the fast reply anyways i went today and they easily replaced the key. Some of my other keys were somhow sticky and they said that they could replace the whole top for free so thats awesome :D:D:D
    anyways they'll be calling me back whenever they receive the parts.