replacement "legs" for MacBook Pro case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kcbseb, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kcbseb macrumors newbie

Three of the four little rubber "legs" have broken off from the bottom of my MacBook Pro case. Does anyone know if these are replaceable, and where I can get these parts?

2. sososowhat macrumors 6502

Same here

3 of 4 feet fell off over the past few weeks. Took it into an Apple store & they said they had to replace the whole bottom panel. Not the genius (was busy) but a floor person, so it could be wrong.

Seems like quite a few people have had this problem. Pretty stupid design too -- not only do they fall off, but it leaves an open hole to the inside of the machine.

I imagine if we bug the geniuses enough they'll replace them free -- like the white pre-unibody macbook case that kept cracking where you rest your hands -- Apple replaced that one for me three times!

btw, the link robbieduncan provided seems to be for a 15" MBP. Mine's a 13. Any idea if they're interchangeable? $15 isn't much and I'd be willing to pay it, but these really should go for about $1 for four.

3. disarticulate macrumors regular

Unfortunately they are correct. I had the same problem with my Macbook Pro 13". I was selling it on eBay and wanted to make it look pristine, but the only option was to replace the entire bottom panel for $40.

I went ahead and paid the $40, because the only scratches on the entire laptop were on the bottom panel. So when I sold it, the laptop looked brand new, and the buyer was very happy.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I plan on buying some replacement feet from Walmart/Home Depot/Lowes, etc. anyway, as the default feet are very short; too short for my liking anyway.

If you get it fixed or still want an alternative, go for the feet; I'm going to get some rubber ones but I'm sure ones that have a softer fabric bottom would be great as well.

(Feet that you can buy to go under tables and whatnot if you have hardwood floors, in case anybody is wondering).

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

The first thing I do when I get a new MP is get some stick on wheels.