Replacement Macbook Backlight Paper?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Trapscallion, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Trapscallion
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone knew where i can get a replacement of the paper light filter? It normally comes on the casing behind the screen which separates the back of the LCD panel and the plastic apple logo?

2. DeltaMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I _think_ that is the white cover that wraps around the back of the LCD panel.
    That would come with a replacement LCD panel, or - if that is missing on a used or a generic replacement LCD panel, you should be able to transfer the shield from your old LCD panel.
    I have never experienced a missing shield, but you should be able to peel it off the back of the old panel, and transfer the shield to your replacement LCD panel.

3. Trapscallion
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it is the bit of paper and card stuck onto the case which holds the apple logo. My one on my replacement case was falling apart so had to throw it away. Is there anyway to get a replacement without having to buy an entire new back panel?

Its just a have some film to put behind the apple logo to change its color and well i don't have anything that will hold them both in place.

4. DeltaMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I've not seen a "paper and card" stuck inside the lid.
    You must have an older model that I haven't seen for several years.
    Those that I see have that shield attached to the back of the LCD panel, not attached to the inside of the lid.

Which exact MacBook do you have?

If it is a simple paper shield, then you could make your own from card stock, or white project paper.
    Match your home-built against the old one. If you trashed the replacement, you should still have the old one, right?

5. Trapscallion
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

It is an early 2008 black macbook I am building.

I don't have either I'm afraid, my white case I chucked years ago as it was naff, then removed the rough one on the new black case.

I guess I could just do a makeshift one, just have to hunt down the right paper and stick it to the inside of the case behind the screen