Replacement MacBook different?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ori, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ori macrumors 6502

Last week I had my unibody (November) old MacBook 2.4 replaced.
    It feels different. The keys feel slightly different, but that could be because they are new, but the DVD drive doesn't make the same long noise on startup and charge time is down from 4 hours to 2 hours from empty.

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Hmm, well... I wouldn't mind getting a replacement MacBook that had these changes! :eek:
    What problems did you have with the old one? I don't know about the different keyboard, but as far as the other things go, could it be that you're just not used to a computer that works so well?
    Actually, now that I think about it, I get the topcase on my white MacBook replaced every few months due to the infamous cracking issue, and every time I get it back, it does feel a bit different - sometimes the material used is smoother, sometimes it's a little grainier. I usually only notice it for a few hours before I become used to it again! Maybe it depends on where the computer or its materials were made.

3. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it got replaced because of a problem with the screen. When they replaced the screen they messed up the logic board and just gave me a new machine.

As I said the keyboard might just have that new feel, but the disk drive is 100% differeny! I was used to the long grinding noise it made when you woke up from sleep or pwoered on, but now its a very short one and slightly less grindy noise. (sorry thats the bets I can describe it!! lol)

The charging taking less time is weird as I think I am getting less battery life too, but its a new battery and I need to give it a good 20 cycles before he hits maximum life.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

There's a thread around here somewhere on this topic. If I remember correctly, people were notices that the alu MBs were making different noises. I think the consensus was that this resulted from Apple using different manufacturers for the drives, and some were loud while others were quiet.