replacement macbook pro cover?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abz1981, Jan 3, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all
    I have got a March 2010 MBP. I always try to keep it in good condition. However I have got a few scratch marks on lid of my MBP (the side where the Apple logo is).

Does anyone know if the lid/cover can be replaced or would you just keep up with it and ignore it? (the scratches that is).

Thanks in advance

2. BigMoo macrumors member

I would say that you are just going to have to ignore them. I'm sure apple doesn't replace computers, or lids because of scratch marks or they would lose tons of money. Just buy a hard protective case, that's what i did. Put it on the first day i got it and wallah no scratches :p

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply. Hmm Might as well get a case now then to save any more scratches. Do you recommend any case in particular?

4. BigMoo macrumors member

I have an incase hardshell case, and i like it. A lot of people on here use incase or speck, but i'm sure there are numerous ones out there. It's all preference really.

5. skazm, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

skazm macrumors newbie

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

You can change it out, but it is not something you will want to do just due to scratches, as you often wind up having to replace the LCD itself. How bad are the scratches? I take mine with me everywhere and I use really paranoid transport methods and the case is still 100% a year and a half down the road.