Replacement MacBook Pro Relief

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rgleason, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rgleason macrumors newbie

rgleason

Well to my great surprise my replacement MacBook Pro arrived 3 days earlier than scheduled, however I was out of town so I didn't get to open it until last night. I had returned one already with dents and scratches as well as some crooked keys and a battery door moving all over the place. I talked with apple care and arranged for a replacement to be sent out. After dealing with some credit card troubles the transaction was finally cleared and the computer was shipped. I have to say I went over this thing with a microscope and I can find not a dead pixel, nor a scratch. No backlighting problems, a secure unmoving battery door, just one flawless MacBook Pro. I can't tell you how relived I am especially after reading post after post about defects that people were finding. I had definitely mentally set myself up for the worst possible situation with this replacement, but it is perfect. So to all those who are having troubles with defects I say be persistent. You are paying close to $2500-3000 on these bad boys and in my opinion they better be perfect when you get them. So keep trying because perfect ones are out there and the QC problems are most likely staring to sort themselves out by this point.

Thanks for reading my post if you stuck with it.:D

2. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Glad your second machine is a good one!

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

4. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Glad to hear it. Let's hope Apple gets them all right from now on, because when they're perfect... they're perfect (other than the shiny, glossy thing and all...:D ) It is what we pay for, and well worth it when things are just right out of the box.

Enjoy your new MBP!

5. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

lol i love how we are so happy to hear that a product arrived undamaged and completely as advertised.
    Either apple users are very easily pleased or Steve Jobs is the god of brainwashing.
    Not complaining though
    Still better than PC

6. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Well, it's natural to be happy and excited, full of anticipation when opening a brand new box with a Mac in it. That kind of moment is like seeing your gorgeous wife on your wedding night - a once in a relationship kind of thing. And, it can be easily dampened, even ruined when the product isn't perfect. Sure, minor little nitpicky issues can be accepted, but it's a letdown - thus a disappointment. When that doesn't happen, especially when you've experienced the letdown on prior occasions... it's worth a Palin "shoutout." :D

7. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

mine is perfect too, besides the (now fixed) trackpad issue, it's been smooth sailing.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

"That kind of moment is like seeing your gorgeous wife on your wedding night."

Wow, I thought I liked my computer. You win dude! You like yours WAY more than me!

9. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

You're not from that state where you can marry horses are you?

Maybe you're thinking of making it o-fish with the computer, now. :rolleyes:

10. GRN99EX macrumors member

Do you happen to know what week your MBP was manufactured? Mine is a week 45, but still has crooked keys. The battery door is fine, and it does not seem to have any display issues, so I am hesitant to take it back. I got it last night, so I have until next Friday to get it swapped for the keys.

11. rgleason thread starter macrumors newbie

rgleason

Mine is week 46. One week after yours. Maybe they started really clearing up the QC issues then. We can only hope...