Replacement Macbook Pro seems to have an eneven keyboard...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KilljoyPBN, Nov 11, 2008.

1. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

Does anyone else notice that they keys on their keyboard are all uneven? They are off by a very small amount but still noticeable. I found that some keys actually have different stroke tendencies and my arrow up key looks really loose. I can jiggle it around and it always comes to rest at a cockeyed angle.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed in store or will I have to get another replacement?

2. Mercellus macrumors regular

I haven't seen this issue on my MacBook Pro that I received last week, all of the keys are aligned correctly even when looking at them at a "birds eye" view from the front of the computer. If you are concerned, you could certainly contact AppleCare and ask them about it.

3. KilljoyPBN thread starter macrumors regular

Well not so much from a birds eye view but from a level horizontal view on equal plane as the keyboard.

I think I might. Even if they just fix the arrow up key. It feels as if though it might fall off down the road. Just feels real loose.

4. KilljoyPBN thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone else's arrow up key wobble or teeter tooter around?

Mine feels pretty loose and has me concerned if it is attached correctly...

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

My replacement MB has less tilted keys. Guess that's an improvement.

6. KilljoyPBN thread starter macrumors regular

So everyone else's arrow up key jiggles around like its not held on correctly?

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Seems fine to me.

8. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Yeah mine has a few cockneyed keys.. my Santa Rosa MBP also had that problem too.
    They function fine.. the only annoying thing is when i close the lid the raised corner of the keys leave greasy marks on my screen :p