Replacement MacBook Pro Shipped From China, Is This A Hint at no update soon?? Input?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sharkzfanz, Feb 3, 2010.

1. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

Before ripping me this is not the average when is i5, i7 coming.... LOL

My Macbook Pro Late 2008 is being replaced for a current model 2.66ghz Macbook Pro. It got shipped Monday 2/1/10 and is due for delivery tomorrow 2/4/10. It was shipped directly from SHANGHAI China. I do know this is normal but the point I am bringing up is if they shipped it directly from the Factory in China that would lend to suggest they are still manufacturing them in China in the current configuration. Would we expect them to cease production of the old ones in China before the release.. Obviously they need stock on hand to fulfill the orders if a silent update is done and if they are still manufacturing current models they have nothing ready for the new models...

With that info I would say no update anytime soon...

Just my 2 cents!!

2. Bumble Bee macrumors member

If they are shipping directly from the manufacturer it doesnt mean they are still making them it might mean that they do not have any of that model in any of the U.S. warehouses. And they might have a load of them at the factory still.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Was your MBP CTO before? If so, it may be because of that.

4. sharkzfanz thread starter macrumors regular

The thing to remember is 90% of replacements sent are sent directly from China. I had an Iphone and it was sent from China, and my friend had a mad Macbook mid run and it was sent from China.. Seem's the usual and to me if they ship from China they are still producing which could be a bad sign.... If they wanted to get rid of them they would ship all to US and stock pile new ones....

5. sharkzfanz thread starter macrumors regular

No, stock 2.66ghz $1999 same as sold at Apple store and every retailer in USA. Nothing special or anything.

6. Bumble Bee macrumors member

Since we have all speculated no design change, let us know if it comes with a USB 3.0 and Core i7 lol

7. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

I'm getting a replacement mbp coming in from Shanghai as well. Except mine shipped yesterday and isn't supposed to get here til monday. :(

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If by soon you mean next week, perhaps. But I wouldn't put money on new machines not shipping in the next 60 days.

9. Sanderr macrumors regular

I don't think that your replacement coming from shanghai means no update is coming for 2 reasons:

1.If they actually would sell out the current stock of MBP's at shanghai warehouses, all purchases made by Asian customers the following days would require Apple to send all orders all the way to Asia. Costs them a lot more money.
    2. When the new model is being built, there is no reason to build all the MBP's at just one factory where the old stock is depleted. I imagine they would even out production just like they do at the moment, so distributing is made easier.

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I may be mis interpreting your statement but Macbook pros (and really all AAPL machines) are manufactured , boxed in, and shipped from, china. I don't understand why you say "all purchases made by asian customers the following days would require apple to send all orders all the way to asia".

11. sharkzfanz thread starter macrumors regular

I agree... Plus am I not mistaken isnt Apple Asia a separate entity from Apple US? This would lean me toward different warehouses and such...

This thread was just my two cents.