Replacement MBP 2010 Speaker... Is this Legit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nopstnz8, May 14, 2011.

1. Nopstnz8 macrumors member

Nopstnz8

Ok so I might be replacing my MacBook Pro 13" speaker soon because I've been forced to get back at my roommate because he's really been pissing me off when I'm trying to get work done. I know this sounds lame, but it's the only way I can drown out his annoying ass speakers. There is nothing wrong with my speakers now because I know if you crank them up too high, eventually they will blow. I try and put it loud, but like 2-3 ticks minimum below the max just to be safe. I'm afraid if I keep this up, my speakers will start to go, forcing me to replace them. I have 3 years of Apple care remaining, but until they would be fully blown, if this ever happens, I'd have to live with it because I doubt Apple will replace something that's not broken.

Anyways, I found a new replacement set of MBP 2010 internal speakers on this website and wanted to know if anyone knows if this site is legit? The price is very reasonable, and I wouldn't mind paying that.

http://www.cwioutlet.com/APPLE-922-9057-RIGHT/Parts/Apple-Parts/Apple-p9489207.html#ReviewsTabAnchor

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Sounds like what you really need are bigger speakers. So get these and never have this problem again: :D

[​IMG]

They're Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers and will easily drown out any noise. Also, may I recommend playing some heavy metal with these speakers to give full effect. :D

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Yeah...umm...upgrading a laptop's internal speakers is like going from a...I don't even have an analogy but that is a complete and total waste of your time, money, and the future of your computer. Get an external speaker set. It is impossible to get super loud internal laptop speakers and if you did get ones loud enough in their, you would destroy the computer itself by sound, which can be a very destructive force.

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

I'm jealous your musical tastes are low enough you can stomach listening to the 13" mbp speakers so loud without shuddering at the speaker quality :(

Why don't you just get headphones? Or talk with your roomate?

5. Crwoo macrumors newbie

6. dslrjunky macrumors regular

you have 3 yrs applecare
    you want to gut out your mbp because your roommate is loud

you sir is headed to failville...

what happens to external speaker? headphones?just use them. my .02

7. Nopstnz8 thread starter macrumors member

Nopstnz8

Ok guys I have an external speaker set at home that is loud enough to shake the house. I had it down here at school, but two months ago I took it home because something was loose. I didn't get the chance to bring them back, but school ends in three weeks. Maybe I wasn't clear that nothing is wrong with my speakers, I was just curious if something were to happen to these, if I could replace them with the OEM ones, for a descent price. I'm not trying to upgrade the internal ones since nothing out there exists, that I'm aware of from searching. The only reason I had been blasting these is due to the fact that I have nothing else here. I only did it for a few minutes, probably 80% volume, so I can't imagine anything terrible happened. I don't plan to do this very often, or probably not anymore. I was just really pissed yesterday.

I've tried talking to him in the past, but he's just a dumbass and is like "Oh ok," and then just totally disregards it shortly after. He's in his room like 24/7 because he has no life, so it's not like I can do anything else to stop it. Talking to the resident advisor is useless because I'll come across as a baby, not only to him, but he's probably spread it around so everyone knew. Plus the RA isn't likely to do much since it's pretty much the end of the year.

I can't even do any work in my room anymore and am forced to go across campus to an Engineering building to get anything done.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Lose patience and punch him in the teeth. AKA grow a pair.

9. dslrjunky macrumors regular

10. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Having your internal speakers on at full volume is not going to destroy them. It will be fine.

11. Nopstnz8 thread starter macrumors member

Nopstnz8

Right, and thanks for actually answering a question, unlike other guys wasting my time.

I never keep them at that volume for an extended period of time at all because I know better. Is it true Apple only sets their speakers to like 80-84% power? I know for my 3GS this was the case before I modified the volume config file. Also on Bootcamp when I first installed it last year, I remember the volume being louder at max on Windows than Mac due to the drivers.

12. phas3 macrumors 65816

You could just get some headphones, would that not workout? Music sounds so much better on a good pair of headphones anyway and maybe add a dac/amp combo to it. AND if you go this route you'll appreciate your music even more!

Either that are you really need to talk to him, don't lose it and punch the guy like some of these guys are suggesting whom I bet have never been in a fight or anything close to it besides an argument between them and their mom.