Replacement Music App for: Macbook iTunes --> Windows Phone??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by GuyInTheBack, Nov 12, 2015.

1. GuyInTheBack, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

The standard "Windows Phone for Macbook" app is gone:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/windows-phone/id415571499?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo=4

I can't find it anywhere. I tried downloading old versions but it's not as clean as it once was.

Are there any alternatives to getting your iTunes music on your Windows Phone? Any alternatives? I tried to use an old app version but it only syncs like 1/5 of all my songs and takes 2 days for that minimal sync.

This is a bummer. I really love my Windows Phone and don't want an iPhone. Also can't afford one at the moment. :/

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

can you try google music ? first you have to do it with macbook upload your itune music to google music, then get it in google.

3. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

Thanks! Hm, I've never even looked into Google music to be hoenst.

I tried contacting Windows and their answer was that the app is permanently discontinued and to use One Drive, which of course is paid.

Is there a google app for the Windows Phone?

4. ramram55 macrumors 6502

I do not own windows phone, on pc there is start key (press on windows icon) on screen, click all apps button you can look for it and find google play music, I bet it is the same way on your phone.

5. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Do you use Groove music? If so just upload your music to OneDrive from Itunes then it is available on Windows phone.