Replacement Optical Drive Screws

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A4orce84, Jul 10, 2014.

1. A4orce84 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

I need to "de-mod" my Optibay HD Caddy from my Macbook Pro, since I'm getting ready to sell it. I opened it up real quick and found that most of the screws holding it in are somewhat stripped.

If I get the optibay out, I'm sure these 3 screws that hold the optibay / optical-drive in are going to be trash. Is there a place online (or at the Apple store) where I can purchase replacement screws? I need to reinstall the optical-drive before I sell my macbook.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. -- If anyone wants an Optibay HD caddy, I'll be selling one in the coming weeks! =)

--Asif

2. A4orce84 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

iFixit and PowerBook medic both stock complete screw sets, along with some specific screws. Also can be found on eBay.

Here's an example: http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Pro-15-Unibody-Screw-Set-p-19683.html

The one holding the airport card in on my 15" MBP stripped the first time I tried to get it out, with a good screwdriver too. I just had to pull the plastic up enough to get the caddy in without taking the screws out. That was fun :roll eyes:
    Don't plan on removing it either, I'll be selling it next week, and it is what it is.

4. A4orce84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow that's pretty pricey, and all I need is only the 3 screws for the optical bay. I guess I'll check out ebay and see what I can find.