Replacement parts for Apple 30" display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cburton, Oct 5, 2012.

1. cburton macrumors regular

Wife has Apple 30" display that after years of use now flickers and goes to snow when connected to anything other than the original video card in her MP 1,1. I would like to replace the logic board but can't find any replacement parts. What would a repair like this cost and any advice on where to possibly look for parts?

Chris

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

eBay is probably your best bet.

Spend some time and do google searches on your exact symptom to see what other people are saying...and then buy the replacement part. If you take it to a repair place, don't be surprised if they charge you a ton of money.

3. cburton thread starter macrumors regular

That's half the problem ... I can't identify what the actual part numbers are to search for them. Mainly all I see on ebay are inverter boards and a few other boards which lack any description aside from "board from apple 30" display". Thought the people over at ifixit would have a good breakdown of this but they have next to nothing on this series of displays.

Chris

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Can't you find a local 3rd party Apple repair shop in your area? Check Craigslist.