Replacement phone battery life sucks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by npolly0212, Nov 22, 2015.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

my first 6s+ would last me 2-3 days easily. Now hardly getting a days use out of this replacement phone I got last Friday. Any tips that I could be missing that could be causing this to happen?

2. eric3312 macrumors 6502

1. Is the replacement phone configured the same way as the old one?
    2. Are you staying at a relative's where the cell reception is very low, or are you in the same area (generally speaking)?
    3. Do you have a Samsung A9 chip or a TSMC A9 chip? (this is only a joke..no need to answer)

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

1 - I didn't really hand anything other than wifi assist on my old phone and that is also off on this one.
    2 - same area..
    3 - wouldn't even be able to tell you if I did care enough to know

4. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Do you set up as a new phone or restore from backup?

5. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I can't remember to be honest. I believe she did from backup at the Apple Store

6. convergent macrumors 68020

convergent

Could be defective. About the only thing I can think is may try a factory rest if you don't mind reconfiguring and loading things. Otherwise worth taking it back to be checked out.

7. cashby macrumors newbie

cashby

idk, i just got a replacement phone. found out mine was manufactured in 2015 in china factory this year 2015, 2 months old it says. so im assuming i got a brand new phone. mines been great so far.

8. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Appreciate the replies will try a factory reset than

9. cynics macrumors G3

You need to goto settings > battery and see what is using the battery life. Focus on what is using most of the battery, especially if its something you don't feel you use that often. If everything looks legit then try a factory restore. If it still happens then contact Apple live chat, they can run a diagnostic via the internet or you could take it to an Apple store and they could test it.

10. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well that's he thing it's the same but I don't use the phone much but is dying so much faster.
    In the past day my phone has froze about 4 times and required that I do a reset on it each time..for some reason wifi has been horrible on it to the point of pages never loading or anything

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you look at Settings > Battery, do you see anything unusual in the Battery Usage section?

12. HEK, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

If wi-if seems poor, then forget that wifi site. Run a reset network settings and reset up your wifi site. I had a bad link once that causes lock ups slow response and poor battery life and that solved it.
    Worth a try before full factory reset.

13. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nothing..

Not sure what you are speaking of? It works fine on my iPad MacBook and her iPad MacBook and iPhone..so not sure

14. HEK, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

The link from the phone to your router can become corrupted in some way. By resetting that link fresh you may resolve your issues. It all your devices were acting up then I would suspect the router. But since it's only the new phone that's what I would focus on. You said your wifi was terrible last few days which leads me to think the wifi connection may be corrupted.

On the phone go to settings > general > reset >reset network settings
    Be sure you have your network name and password. Then go to wifi and link back fresh to your wifi router.

15. cynics macrumors G3

Try restoring from new if you haven't already.

To make life easier on yourself make sure all your contacts, notes, calendar, etc are synced with iCloud. Turn on iCloud Photo Library if it isn't already, hopefully you have enough space to hold all your photos.

Once you sign in with your AppleID after the restore you'll only need to download your apps. All your contacts, notes, etc and photos will come back. Be prepared to lose somethings like your messages, maybe some iBook PDF's if you haven't backed them up and other things like that.

16. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome thanks I will do this when I get back home :)

That is what I did when I got phone and have had nothing but problems