Replacement phone battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Dec 12, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I had endless issues with my launch day iPhone 6s Plus. It had the TSMC chip. Battery life was amazing. Now...my new phone has the Samsung chip and I'm getting 5-6 hours of usage...used to get 8-9. I switched to the plus for the battery life but this is back to how my 6 was. Do you think that warrants another replacement. I was hoping the chip wouldn't seem that different. Same apps are installed on both phones.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Might be a battery issue and not the chip. My Samsung Chipped phone gets me 15-16 hours of usage time on a single charge.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I was thinking the same thing... but I downloaded an battery app and it is 98.4% of normal capacity so that doesn't seem like it is the issue. I don't see a rogue app either in the battery usage section.

4. HEK, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I love how every issue with the phone is automatically traced back to solely the type of chip. Talk about brainwashing this is so indicative of how people are hoodwinked into attributing cause and effect based on rumors and hearsay rather than facts and logic.

You do realize when you exchange a phone you get all new parts, radio, battery, chip, not to mention a possible download of software that may not copy correctly. But hey, you just know it MUST BE THE CHIP. LMAO

Phone screen scratched.......must be the chip type.

Aluminum is pitting.....must be the chip.

Color is off.....yup the chip.

I dropped my phone..... Which chip did you have?

Other than the few people on here attributing so much to the chip. If it really was a problem, by now Apple would be scrambling to change things. But doesn't seem to effect 99.999% of the people.

So you think all other phone components are single sourced?

5. cnotes2019 Suspended

My 6s plus is rose gold. Must be a chip issue

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow! A little overly supportive of the Samsung chip? I don't really care what it is...it could be the radio, or wifi, or the alignment of the stars and the moon. I already tried to rule out the apps...if you read above...and checked the strength of the battery...so I didn't just jump to the all controversial chip. I'm not a complete bonehead moron thanks. I am entitled to wonder what is going on. 5-6 hours of a battery life doing my same activities, with the same app, in the same area is a big difference. You might want to look into a hobby...if you can be a little more helpful around here.

For the record...I can't take out each individual part of the phone and test them all...and they aren't serviceable by Apple either. They can't replace my radio whatever else the issue might be...except for the battery which doesn't seem to be the issue so what difference does it make to you if I think it is the chip.

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

Just get another replacement already

8. HEK, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

If you are looking for a solution thinking it's due to a chip will likely not solve you issue. At most if people are to be believed, chip might make a one hour difference, maybe. And ther are enough people reporting opposite effect, that Samsung chipped phone gave them more life. That makes the whole chip thing problematic at best.

Sorry if you took my frustration at all the chip comments so personally. Wasn't meant for you directly. Just my frustration at the jumping to conclusions people et al make on here.

Supportive of Samsung chip, hardly. Am supportive of accurate reasons for problems, not blind regurgitation of what is latest gate thing on here.

Never considered you complete bonehead moron. People are rarely that perfectly complete. As for hobbies I have plenty, but thanks for you condo sending concern. ( if anything Apple needs to fix the auto correction feature)

As for taking out parts and checking them individually you seem to be agreeing with me that it's not possible. My point when trying to assess causality to any one component, including the chip.

If I have noticed anything on here it's that a small subset of people receive phones that demonstrate reduced battery life. Many initially for first week that then improves. Whether it is download or doing some process behind the scenes is not yet clear.

I honestly wish you luck in solving your issue. And feel free to blame the chip if that floats your boat.