Replacement Phone from Genius Bar shows different stats???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by its Dale, Dec 9, 2014.

1. its Dale macrumors 6502

So I have AT&T and recently received a replacement phone due to my display lifting and crescent moon front camera. I ran my new phone's Serial AND IMEI number via https://imeidata.net/iphone/model-check?sn=

This shows up.

iPhone 6

16GB Space Gray

North America/Verizon

Serial: ------

Internal Name: iPhone7,2

Network: GSM/CDMA(Global)

Activated: Yes

Manufacture Date: November, 2014

Production Week: 46

Factory: F1 / China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn

Introduction Date: September 9, 2014

Discontinue Date: N/A

AppleCare Protection: No

Telephone Technical Support: December 22, 2014

Repairs & Service Coverage: September 22, 2015

Find My iPhone: ON

Any idea as to why it shows up as Verizon?? it also shows GSM/CDMA Global

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Sounds like you made out better and they gave you the verizon model as a replacement. This will have a higher resale value b.c it works on GSM carriers and someone can activate a new line with verizon and use it. The ATT/tmobile models only work with verizon if someone puts an already activated verizon SIM in.

Long story short, the replacement could increase your resale value by $30-$40. The verizon model is the most sought after in the second-hand market.

3. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm thats interesting. Wonder if there's anyone else w/ ATT that shows different info

4. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Mine says Verizon as well and it's an AT&T model. I think there's just one model of the iPhone 6, other than the Sprint model, so maybe that's why.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Actually you are probably right. It says "verizon" in the stats, but I bet verizon does not have it listed as an approved device, so it is not really a verizon iphone.

6. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Also, I checked the serial number on that chipmunk website and it says GSM/North America and nothing about Verizon. But in general they're the same model, except Verizon won't approve our device and we'd have to use an active SIM to be able to use their network. Looks like you got a new phone judging by your manufacture date!

7. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

ah. makes sense. i thought i had scored an unlocked phone. I guess maybe its cuz all iphones are generally the same aside from the carrier lock.

Yeah i was happy to see its a new replacement!

8. Mephisto1 macrumors newbie

Maybe just maybe the info from this imeidata.net is wrong.

9. damie45 macrumors newbie

The replacement I got from Apple is also unlock. I have att , I put my friends t-mobile card in and it worked. The crazy thing is that I had my phone replaced back in September, but never tried until today.

10. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Was the original phone that you had unlocked as well? That might be why.

11. damie45 macrumors newbie

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

My launch day at&t iPhone 6 also says Verizon using that site so it has nothing to do with your scoring a Verizon model.

13. cuongnq, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014

cuongnq macrumors member

It because your model is A1549.
    [​IMG]

As you can see, MM.
    Only the GSM + CDMA + LTE models that support multiple carriers have the "MM" tag.
    Example: The 4th generation iPad and the iPad mini have models that support CDMA/GSM/LTE on Verizon and Sprint. So they're marked as "Cellular (MM)" to give them a more substantial (and carrier neutral) name.

@ http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/83180/what-does-mm-mean-in-the-ipad-model-lineup

And North America/Verizon means North America or Verizon. Because iPhone 6 just release recently, site still working hard to update more details about each model.