replacement phone that Apple gave me has scratch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bryann9182, Sep 1, 2011.

1. bryann9182 macrumors regular

The replacement phone Apple gave to me yesterday has a scratch going down the center of the screen. It's faint and not noticeable when the screen is on but very noticeable when the screen is off.

What are the odds apple believes me that it wasn't me that put the scratch on the screen and replaces my phone without charging me $199? I talked to someone on the phone and all they could tell me was that I need to bring it in to have it looked at. I've had the phone for about 1.5 days, and I definitely didn't scratch it I know that for a fact.

2. jkeating2005 macrumors regular

TRying is all you can do. they may or may not trade it in for you

3. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah gonna keep my fingers crossed I guess lol. I called today but can't get down the to the store for a few days so i'm sure that will make me look sketchy.

Just kinda PO'd cause the phone I brought to them initially was in flawless condition. Looked brand new. Too bad the home button kept getting jammed on me =/

ALTHOUGH I did see a good looking female get away with getting a free replacement for her phone that she dropped and smashed simply because she was being flirty with the Apple employee LOL. Maybe i'll get a decent looking girl I know to go in there and try it out =) cause god knows us men aren't gonna be able to get away with that! LOL