Replacement Power Cord?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dawgfan, Dec 10, 2014.

1. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I have a new-to-me MacBook Air. It's a 13", mid-2012. It came with a less than perfect cable. What's a good source for a replacement that won't break the bank? Is there only one that will fit? The one pictured came with mine, but I've seen pictures of some that have a different magnetic connector. What options do I have? Thanks all!

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would buy only from Apple. I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery or adapter, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoffs". Also, there is no assurance that knockoffs have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board. To me, it's not worth risking your $2000 Mac to save a few dollars on a replacement battery or charger, but the choice is yours.

3. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

Thank you. After further review, I may also be inquiring about the use of the Magsafe vs Magsafe 2 connectors.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. SusanK macrumors 68000

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

It's too bad the Apple charger's cable is not replaceable. Why throw away a perfectly good charger by a worn out cable. Apple Green needs to do something about this, don't need more landfills.

I have 2 pairs of $100 earphones which are user cable replaceable, because that's what breaks, been using them for like 10 years and gone through a dozen cable changes, still works great.