Replacement product taking too long???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by allisonv7, Jul 30, 2007.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions on this

In May my computer was having problems had to take it in three times to get it fixed. A few weeks later it started acting up again. The logic board had been replaced twice additionally about two years ago. I called AppleCare and they agreed to replace it. I'm just concerned because it's taking an awfully long time for the new computer to get here.

Here's a bit of a timeline:

July 13 - Called Apple, they agreed to replace the product.

July 16 - Contacted by the rep that was going to help me through the process, I was sent shipping labels for the broke computer via email and was told once it was registered as being with FedEx that the order would be placed for my new machine.

July 17 - Shipped computer and received email confirmation from my rep that afternoon that it had been registered:: "I have located the package(s) you returned and placed an order for your replacement product. I will forward tracking information to you as it becomes available."

July 23 - Still no word from Apple, I emailed and tried to call my rep to get some sort of update. No reply.

July 25 - Sent an email to the technician that forwarded me to the replacement team.

July 26 - Technician left me a voicemail that he had checked on it and everything looked fine, he'd call with tracking information when it became available.

That's the last I've heard from them. The replacement rep still hasn't returned my calls/emails and it's been a week. What should I do? I was initially told the product was in stock so it should only take 3-6 business days. Obviously we're way past that point. When I spoke to the Tech last he said that the tracking information would be available when the product left the warehouse and I've heard nothing.

What should I do? I hate to bug them, but at the same time I was never expecting it to take this long.

Here's my original post about the problem with some more background::
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=329383

Thanks for any help/advice......

allison.

2. dodong macrumors member

dodong

I guess you just have to be a little bit more patient at this time. Things like these always happens especially if we are too excited about the whole thing. That's all I can say.

3. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

The most important thing is to document all communication as completely as possible. Save all emails, and send follow-up emails to phone conversations, including time and date, and if possible, the name of the rep with whom you spoke.

Beyond that, you just have to follow it up, and as has already been stated, be a bit patient.

4. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I guess I just needed to be patient for about 12 more hours! Apple called this morning (the technician) to tell me it had shipped. Still haven't heard from the replacement rep though!

allison.

5. dodong macrumors member

dodong

Good and I'm very happy for you. Finally, you are rewarded.

6. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to make a quick note and say I received my replacement product on Friday :) It's the 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo model. I'm extremely happy with it and glad I went ahead with the AppleCare process. I didn't expect to get a replacement when I called, but obviously the outcome is to my liking.

I just wanted to say that while it did take longer than expected I was very happy with the service. The hiccup was that they initially thought the product was in stock, but turned out it wasn't. I'm thinking that the 1.8ghz was in stock, that's initially what I was going to get, but it doesn't have a superdrive so they bumped me up a model.

But anyways, I just wanted to finish my story up for anyone that may need thsi later on.

allison.

7. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I would have emailed Steve Jobs and threatened to sue

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=336866

But seriously, I dont know how many times Ive bought something from Ebay and I wait and wait and wait and wait and it seems like the item is never coming. So I email the seller and say "when did you ship this?" And invariably it comes later that same day :)