Replacement rMBP Ship Times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by woahhi, Jul 26, 2012.

1. woahhi macrumors newbie

Anyone have advice on replacement rMBP ship times? Mine said 1-2 weeks but it changed to 5-7 business days the next day. Also - do they need to receive my return before they ship the replacement? On the site it says that I must return the item by August 5th but the replacement is processing already with estimate delivery date. Thanks!

2. deerfaced macrumors regular

It depends whether you signed an email 'waiver' form with apple or not I think.

If you did, you have 10 working days from when you received your replacement to get the original rMBP to them (the delivery people usually get in touch with you)

If you didn't, I would imagine you should send it back sharpish.

My replacement (with a waiver) came 5 working days after it was ordered - very impressed with the turnaround.

3. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm getting kinda worried about replacing my macbook after reading about all the problems that are possible - i have a few pressure spots but that is the only problem - anyone know the chances (roughly of course) of getting something with far more problems? is it worth the gamble in your opinion?

4. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I was in this same situation about a week ago. I was told to return my original rMBP by the 29th and estimated to receive the new one August 2-5th or something like that. I actually received my new rMBP this past Monday and still in possession of the original. I will mail it back tomorrow. Apple has not said a word about it......yet.

5. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

wow that sounds like my exact situation -

apparently apple either makes people sign a waiver about charing them if they don't receive the return or they tell you that you need to return the item before they will even send out the replacement ...

if you were part of the 2nd group then it seems like they don't really do that which is good news because it gives me some time to compare the replacement to the original ... I hope it works like that =/ - anyone else have similar experiences?

6. ihakim macrumors member

I did the advanced replacement, signed the waiver and received a defective replacement - fans would spin at 6000rpm all the time. Shipped that one back and am still waiting on them to ship me a new one. It's been 15 days since I reported the replacement defective and they haven't even put in a new order. Extremely unhappy and considering just asking for a refund.

7. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Blue604 macrumors regular

took me two weeks to received my replacement

i did mail back the first one before receiving the replacement

9. ThaDog macrumors newbie

I have a little optical defect on my 2.6/16/512 rMBP.
    It is only a very small dent (max. 0.5mm.) on the right side of the trackpad, notting bad, but quit disturbing for me.
    I called Apple last Monday and i will receive my replacement next Tuesday (if TNT Tracking is correct)
    Best thing is that i return my rMBP next Monday, so i only have 24h without a rMBP.

Greetings from Switzerland.

10. woahhi thread starter macrumors newbie

When did you request your replacement? When it was processing did it say 5-7 business days? Mine is still processing =/ not sure if I should start packing my laptop up to send back or not ... hoping they ship replacement soon so I can still make the return-by date. Don't wanna be without a laptop for that long.

11. Blue604 macrumors regular

about two weeks

12. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

Mine is scheduled to be here on the 2nd.

My replacement order was placed on the 26th. So exactly a week. Pretty damn good in my opinion.

13. cstm macrumors regular

how does the returning work? do you, as a customer have to pay for the shipping back to apple?

14. ihakim macrumors member

I just received it after 20 days of reporting the second one defective. Still going through and making sure this one doesn't have any issues.