replacement rubber feet for iBook?

dfinn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
the little rubber feet on the bottom of my iBook sure seem to fall off easy. where can I get replacements and is there any trick to getting them to stay on there better?

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
While we were in Boston, my friend took his 17" PB to the Apple Store because the rubber pads came off. The Genius looked at it, told my friend to give him a few minutes, and (after a few minutes) gave my friend back his PB with new rubber feet. No charge.

Comment

raddsigns

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2004
Minnesota
I just bought some on eBay for about $6.00 - they were the exact replacements. They actually just showed up today and work perfect on my wife's iBook.

Comment

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
the apple store i work at would just replace them for free, assuming they had some on hand (which they are almost guarenteed to have).

take your laptop to the nearest apple store, they would do the same i'm sure.

Comment

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I'd go with the radtech paws , they do raise the computer enough to get air flowing underneath to help cool it. they dont come of that easily and add a nice cushion to heavy handed typers...
I have them on my PB and I noticed it does helps cool it, not huge amounts but enough to be noticable ;)

Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
dfinn said:
the little rubber feet on the bottom of my iBook sure seem to fall off easy. where can I get replacements and is there any trick to getting them to stay on there better?
What's your location? We've got some at work I could post them out to you if you're in the UK.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.