Replacement rubber feet for Retina Macbook Pro (Mid-2012)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marktronics, Aug 18, 2017.

1. marktronics macrumors newbie

I've got a Retina Macbook Pro 15" (Mid-2012) and 3 of the rubber feet have come off. I took it to the Apple Store and the Genius Bar representative told me it'd cost $100+ because they replace the entire bottom case. I kind of want to avoid paying that much just to replace the rubber feet.

iFixIt only sells feet for Unibody Macbook Pros and the reviews for retina rubber feet on Amazon aren't so hot. So... does anyone have any experience with replacement rubber feet? Any you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2. LarryJoe33 macrumors 65816

LarryJoe33

I called Apple to see if I could order some replacements. They told me to take it into a store for free replacement. Made an appointment and went in. They said they don't even make feet for the unibody anymore and told me to check on amazon for aftermarket. I did and am happy with mine. They aren't rubber but are hard plastic. They do the job and aesthetically they look original.

I would give these a shot for your model. Hell, it's only $6 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Macbook-RETI...3&keywords=rubber+feet+for+macbook+pro+retina

3. marktronics thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Apple never sold feet for the retinas. It's a bottom case replacement for them. Otherwise 3rd party as seen above.

5. LarryJoe33 macrumors 65816

LarryJoe33

Definitely worth a shot using the 3rd party ones. If you don't like them the alternative is a whole new bottom anyway.