Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfig24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
I hope i'm posting this in the right place......

I while back I noticed that my one month old Mac Book Pro was not put together properly. On the top right hand side of the computer....the part right above the power button, the top shell was not properly screwed into the computer and it stuck out a bit. I decided to take the screw out and try and screw it back properly, However, in doing so, I lost one of the screws. I have swept my floor a bunch of times but it's gone for good. I was wondering if there is a place to buy replacement Mac Book Pro screws. BTW, the part that stuck out, still sticks out....I borrowed a screw from the other side of the laptop and it didn't make a difference. It looks like the actual hole one the top shell is too big. Sloopy craftsmanship! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
The Apple Store had extra screws for me... I'd take in the laptop and show them the problem you are having anyway. Why to fix a laptop that is under warrenty? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.