Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uzit

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Apple are going to replace my 24" with a 27" iMac after it broke down three times! How long do they take to ship out a new one? I am still awaiting an e-mail from them for more information!

Thanks

grantmo

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Scotland
I'm getting mine replaced due to dead pixels. I called them up on friday and was told i should get it wednesday. According to the status page it still hasn't shipped tho.

I think it depends if your getting a custom configuration or a standard 27 inch.

uzit

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Its the standard i3, they need to pick up my old one first then they will send me the new one. Hope its by the end of the week :p

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
I'm getting mine replaced due to dead pixels. I called them up on friday and was told i should get it wednesday. According to the status page it still hasn't shipped tho.

I think it depends if your getting a custom configuration or a standard 27 inch.

Little chance then. Usually takes two days from the moment it ships in the uk - I returned my dead pixeled 27" i7 last week (phone Thursday) they said they would send a new one out as a priority - well it's due to arrive tomorrow and that shipped late Friday.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Its the standard i3, they need to pick up my old one first then they will send me the new one. Hope its by the end of the week :p

Hmmm they sent out our replacement before they picked up the old one. Only picked up our dead pixel one today and shipped our new one last week

uzit

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Nice lady phoned and she said, TNT will be calling me in 1-3 days and will arrange a pick up, once it has been picked up, scan the collection proof thing and they will send out the iMac! So hopefully they pick up by Wednesday and get me iMac by Friiiday!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.