Replacement tips for Apple In-Ear Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by themp, Jun 18, 2011.

1. themp macrumors member

Hello,

I checked google for posts on this and quite a few exist, but they're all pretty old so I apologize for reposting. At any rate, does anyone know where to get genuine Apple replacement tips for the In-Ear Headphones? If not, do you have any recommendations for good third-party tips?

Lastly, would anyone like to trade? I'm looking for medium tips, and I have both small and large tips.

Thanks!

2. calvy macrumors 65816

I walked into an apple store looking for replacement tips and the sales guy told me they don't sell them but that if I'd hang on he'd ask a genius if they had any in the back. They did and he gave them to me for free.

I'd go into a store and ask for help.

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

4. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I purchased some on amazon. They are fine, and don't come off the earpiece as easily. Just search for them. I purchased 3 pairs small sized for $5.99 from Listen UP on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote-Headphone-Silicone-Earbuds/dp/B002G7IXB8/ref=pd_cp_e_1

5. BlackViper macrumors member

Comply

ComplyFoam.com makes replacement tips for a variety of in-ear headphones. They are foam so they create an excellent seal in the ear cannal.

6. themp thread starter macrumors member

7. Tix macrumors newbie

Yeah, they make replacement tips for both the Apple in-ears and the regular earbuds that come with every iPod. They call the Apple line of stuff Whoomp. I have the Whoomp tips for the regular earbuds (I like them), but I've never used the ones for the in-ears... the whomp foam tips. Here's a link to their page

Comply Whoomp Foam Tips

8. almostaskater62 macrumors regular

i pm'd you about this, but i'm looking for small tips and i have mediums i could swap with you. i might try running to the apple store to see if they'll give me replacements as well

9. ktoll119, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

ktoll119 macrumors newbie

I have 4 sets of large and 4 sets of medium to trade for small. Please contact me at ktoll119 at gmail dot com.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd also recommend the comply tips it's what they spealize in. Im planing on ordering myself also they have 25% off for the next 5 days promo code ComplyPlugs25