Replacement UMB lid?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by courboy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. courboy macrumors regular

Not had much luck recently and to make it worse, I was using my mothers macbook (whilst mine is in for repair) and have managed to dent the outside of the screen.

It's not a huge dent but when the screen is up, it's on the left side about 1" from the top, thankfully the screen itself is still working perfectly though. I have searched google and youtube trying to find if there is anywhere that shows how to remove the actually aluminum lid and whether it is possible to buy just that part. Does anybody know if this is possible, if there aren't replacements, I think if it is possible to remove the screen, I could get the dent out manually.

I worry because firstly this isn't mine and I feel very bad, secondly it's only about 4 months old and if it does develop a fault later, Apple will surely refuse to fix it and blame the dent on any associated problems.

Thanks

2. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Since Apple replaces the entire lid+LCD panel when changing just the display, I assume that the lid is very difficult to separate from the panel, but I could be wrong.