Replacement unibody for late 08 MBP good idea?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fried-gold, Jul 24, 2009.

1. fried-gold macrumors member

I recently sent my unibody MBP back for a problem with the screen, using apples collect and return service. They replaced the screen and the logic board but they also put a massive dent in the unibody casing above the left speaker casing (i know it must have happened during repair because the dent is from the inside out) they've also scratched up the back panels. I called apple and now its going back to have the whole unibody replaced, but is this a good idea given their last job and the scale of such a repair? Is it just asking for trouble?
    :(

Andy

2. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

IMO, you should just let them replace the case. The worst thing that can happen is that it comes back with different damages, in which case, you can always demand another fix. :D

3. fried-gold thread starter macrumors member

Ha ha yeah... only this is the 5th time in six months this computer has been repaired in 7 months for screen problems ... it got completely replaced three times in the first three months alone. All in all it has spent over 2 + 1/2 months getting fixed. They never gave me a good screen, until finally they replaced it with the samsung one and put a load of dents in it. ...why is it i still love macs again? :rolleyes: