Replacement Verizon iPhone 4 won't activate

blerns3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
My girlfriend recently got her iPhone 4 replaced through Verizon's insurance plan after her phone was damaged. Today she tried to activate it and after following all the correct steps to activate (by first deactivating her old one and then the activation of the replacement) the phone won't connect to cellular. It's stuck on either "Searching" or "No Service"

She's talked to two Verizon reps already about it and tried to activate through myVerizon online and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

(This is why I'm glad my 5s has a removable SIM card...)

blerns3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Might be defective.
Yeah it's possible, they're sending her a replacement for the replacement. I was just hoping we could figure out before it arrives since she's been without a phone for the whole week.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yeah it's possible, they're sending her a replacement for the replacement. I was just hoping we could figure out before it arrives since she's been without a phone for the whole week.
It's not that hard to activate a phone. And if the carrier cannot make it happen either then good chances are it's just a bad replacement.
Not much to figure out.

blerns3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
It's not that hard to activate a phone. And if the carrier cannot make it happen either then good chances are it's just a bad replacement.
Not much to figure out.
The rep just said that the old phone is still active in their system, which is ridiculous since all steps to deactivate it were performed and it would not make/receive calls when we tested it. Is it possible that it needs some time to get off of the system?

Again, I have an AT&T iPhone 5s so for me this is as easy as switching SIMs and haven't dealt with this before...