Replacement Verizon iPhone 4 won't activate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blerns3, Feb 28, 2014.

1. blerns3 macrumors 6502

My girlfriend recently got her iPhone 4 replaced through Verizon's insurance plan after her phone was damaged. Today she tried to activate it and after following all the correct steps to activate (by first deactivating her old one and then the activation of the replacement) the phone won't connect to cellular. It's stuck on either "Searching" or "No Service"

She's talked to two Verizon reps already about it and tried to activate through myVerizon online and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

(This is why I'm glad my 5s has a removable SIM card...)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it's possible, they're sending her a replacement for the replacement. I was just hoping we could figure out before it arrives since she's been without a phone for the whole week.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's not that hard to activate a phone. And if the carrier cannot make it happen either then good chances are it's just a bad replacement.
    Not much to figure out.

5. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

The rep just said that the old phone is still active in their system, which is ridiculous since all steps to deactivate it were performed and it would not make/receive calls when we tested it. Is it possible that it needs some time to get off of the system?

Again, I have an AT&T iPhone 5s so for me this is as easy as switching SIMs and haven't dealt with this before...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd call them again and have them troubleshoot it again.
    Even though is not as simple as swapping a sim it only should take less than a minute to swap and activate CDMA phones.

7. Saltymac macrumors member

It takes a couple of hours to clear their system. Take it into a store.