Replacement watch : June delivery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rowsten, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Rowsten macrumors newbie

So after taking my watch to the Apple store today (suspected faulty speaker) they couldn't work out the issue and told me I could have a replacement. This couldn't be done in store as they don't have any stock.

After everything was arranged for collection and a new watch to be delivered I looked at the status of my order in the apple store app. Estimated delivery in June.

Obviously I'm pretty annoyed about this. The money has been taken from my account, I received a faulty product and now have to wait over a month with no product that I payed £519 for.

Anyone else think this is unacceptable, or have any advice for me?

Cheers!

2. spikesglaring macrumors member

Yeah, that is completely unacceptable. I'd raise a fuss until something is done to accommodate you.

3. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Sounds likes it's a stainless steel, am I right? I had a problem with mine, called Apple Saturday, and have a replacement today. You may need to call Apple and see what the deal is. They should be able to get one to you pretty quick.

4. shahin90 macrumors regular

Did they take your old watch away? I'd argue that I should keep this until you receive the new watch in store and then replace it with the new one. I wouldn't just give them my Apple Watch so they give me a new one in 2 months. That's ridiculous.

5. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it was stainless steel. I think I'll give them a phone and see what they say about the issue.

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

You should ask them to send a replacement ASAP. I find it hard to believe that is not possible to send you a replacement. If it really is impossible you should ask that they refund your money and re-charge you when the replacement ships. They should not be have to make a payment to your credit card for something you don't have. Also ask them for some compensation like a free band or charger.

7. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to phone up Apple from their store to arrange a pick up. Apparently a courier will contact me within 48 hours to arrange a day to collect it, then it would seem I'm watchless until June according to my order status.

8. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I had a circumstance where the Apple Rep (who was awesome btw) said I could pick something out from the Apple Store and asked about a band. He said there were few exceptions, but the bands are one of them unfortunately.

9. Silken macrumors member

That can't be right, I would call Apple and see if they can get you a replacement any sooner. I thought they kept back stock for replacements?

10. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

You're correct in that Apple does keep separate stock for repairs/replacements (former Apple employee here who has processed hundreds of repairs for customers).

To the OP: If I were you, I would call Apple and ask to speak with a senior advisor. They will be your single point of contact throughout (with a direct extension number to reach them at), and will see your issue is taken care of through to resolution.

11. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Oh you don't wanna know how I'll feel... Lol

12. northofnowhere macrumors member

I had to send my watch back to Apple for a faulty battery. I shipped out yesterday, arrived this morning, and I have a new watch being shipped out tomorrow morning. Then again I don't have a SS model, just a 42mm Sport.

13. J.C macrumors 6502

In regards to Apple keeping stock for replacements, that has always been the case, but for most places it is not the case with the watch. Obviously some stores have proven to have replacement stock on hand but most do not. Definitely not good.

14. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

My replacement was originally quoted to ship in June, but then improved to 7-10 days.

15. discorevilo macrumors member

I had a similar thing with my watch band. It said Delivers June on the Apple Store page, but on the day the courier was due to pickup the band, it chanced to preparing for shipment and by end of day (after it had been collected) changed to shipped. It's due in 3-5 working days though because they sent it by standard shipping rather than next day! I will get it on Tuesday according to UPS

16. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

This is encouraging, thanks.

17. discorevilo macrumors member

Just as an additional:

I did speak to an apple advisor and ask why it said June. They told me that although in most cases it ships the same day as the return, if there are any issues that do cause a delay, the June shipping date is being applied to all returns and then will update once your return is registered by the courier with a more accurate shipping date. This is just incase it does take longer, they don't want to risk giving anyone false information, so would rather an over-estimate appear than an underestimate.

18. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that's saved me a phone call tomorrow!

19. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

My replacement just shipped! Just hours after they received my original watch. I guess they're just being cautious with the delivery estimates (just like the pre-orders).

OP, I hope you receive your replacement soon!

Attached Files:

20. discorevilo macrumors member

:eek: you get next day delivery on the full watch replacement. Makes me even more annoyed that the band is standard delivery for a replacement!

21. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

sounds fishy.

22. Repelle macrumors regular

I reported the fault Saturday morning (25th), was collected by TNT Wednesday, received at Apple today, and may have a replacement ship out tomorrow or the start of next week.

Mine showed June as well, but was told it will ship soon after the defective watch is returned.

It seems our replacement process in the UK is more complicated and slower than those getting replacements in the US.

23. paulopadopa macrumors regular

Trading standards will tell you that anything up to 90 days to resolve an issue is acceptable. So nothing wrong there.

You could simply return the watch and get s refund if you like.