Replacement watches?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by virginblue4, May 3, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

So I will be looking into getting my watch replaced due to the pop / clicking some when the watch awakes, as discussed on this forum.

Just wanted to hear about others people's experiences with replacement watches, for any reason.

I don't want to go any time without a watch, has anyone had theirs replaced immediately? I have AppleCare+ if that helps. :)

2. northofnowhere macrumors member

If you have AppleCare+ you get express replacement. Meaning they send you a new watch and you have 10 days once you get the replacement to return the defective watch. They will put a hold on your card until you return. It takes 3-5 business days to get a replacement.

3. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

Not true they don't have express shipments available for the watch yet I recently had to have mine replaced and it's been about a week should have it in the next few days

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Just as orders are online only, replacements appear to be "online only" for the time being. However, a few individuals apparently have managed to score on the spot replacement at some Apple stores.

5. jediuia, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015

jediuia macrumors regular

It actually is true exactly how the poster above explained. I am having a replacement sent out express, should receive Monday or Tuesday according to advisor I spoke with yesterday afternoon. They put a hold of $550 on my card until I send back old watch.

They first said something about sending back my watch for repair/replacement which I shut down immediately. I said if they are agreeing mine is defective I don't want the same watch back. My force touch is defective; works sometimes then quits even after multiple restores. I also didn't want to go without my watch for a few days since all the other functions work, just can't use force touch to change faces etc...

I luckily got a senior advisor who gave me his personal apple email, so I sent him videos and pictures of what the watch was doing, so he completely agreed mine was not functioning properly.

6. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Anyone can get express shipments if you are willing to have them put a hold on your card. Happened with my iPhone six a few days after release. They said they can express it with a hold and I did not have apple care. The other option was express me a box w/prepaid express shipping and they ship it back express as well.

7. April Knight Suspended

This is true for iPhones, but not for Apple Watch. With Apple Watch, you are required to have AppleCare+ to use Express Replacement.

Source: https://support.apple.com/kb/index?...product=applewatch&select=ADVANCE_REPLACEMENT

"There’s no additional charge for Apple Watch Express Replacement Service. You must have AppleCare+ for Apple Watch to use this service."

8. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Thanks guys, I will be contacting Apple over the next couple of days :)