Replacement within 14 days without losing return window?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macdude2, Mar 30, 2011.

1. macdude2 macrumors regular

Has anyone with backlight issues been able to get the Genius Bar to simply exchange their iPad so that you don't lose the 14 day return window? I'd like to get a replacement, but I am apprehensive about it because once I do that, I won't be able to return it if for some reason I decide to.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Good luck finding a store that has one. Even if you do, why would you need 14 more days to decide?

I think if the device was completely unusable, then sure, but if it's just some backlight leaking, you definitely can make a judgement about wanting or not wanting the device.

3. macdude2 thread starter macrumors regular

Not concerned with extending the window another 14 days, just keeping the current window. I realize what you're saying though. I'm not really deciding whether or not I need the device overall, just whether or not I need 3G, which is what I currently have.

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

I'd say, use it, decide now if you need the 3G or not, and if not, return it and pickup the wifi.

You're already decided you're getting a new one anyway (backlight), just decide if you want the device.