Replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Marco123, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

i have an issue with my phone not giving any haptic feedback, it's definitely broken.
    I purchased it a few days ago from the online store.
    What is the best way to get a replacement? Who should I call?
    I live in the UK.

2. MaulRx Suspended

3. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. MaulRx Suspended

My sport model did the same thing. I unpaired it and then re did everything through the app.

5. H3rman macrumors 6502

Call Apple. They will collect it and send it back repaired or replaced in 7 days. If you have AppleCare+ you can get express replacement. They send you a brand new watch face, put a hold on your credit card for the cost of the 2nd watch face (varies for model you have, but up to £530....edition is even more), then you return the old faulty one within 10 working days (2 weeks) using the pre-paid envelope via UPS and once they receive it back and check it they will release the hold on your card.

They don't actually charge your card, but it just reduces your "available balance". However if you return it late there is a late fee. Late is classed anywhere between 10-20 working days (2-4 weeks), anything after that's they just charge you the full price that they are holding on your card.

Note the late fee can be up to £130 depending on watch model (more for the edition). So send it back quick! I used the express replacement service, called up last Tues, new watch arrived on Thurs, old one collected Fri, and the old one was returned today. Apple emailed to confirm it was received and they were happy it was as I described to them.

The website says you must have AppleCare+ to use the express replacement for watch devices. Reps on the phone may say you can do it for £29 extra if you don't have AppleCare+, but I have found that they are not fully clued up on AppleCare for the watch devices yet. 3 of the phone reps INSISTED the watch would HAVE to be replaced at my door with the courier. Website says that only applies for the iPhone and for the watch they just deliver it and you have 10 days to return.....the website was correct, NOT the phone reps! Even the booklet that came with the new watch face backed up what the website said.

Hope that helps.