Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWantiPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
my dads 3 day old iPhone 3g has a messed up earpiece. If I go to the AT&T store, can I get a replacement?

Also my headphones are crackling, can I get those repclaced?

Thx.
iWantiPhone

Aiphanes

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
South Texas
my dads 3 day old iPhone 3g has a messed up earpiece. If I go to the AT&T store, can I get a replacement?

Also my headphones are crackling, can I get those repclaced?

Thx.
iWantiPhone

Why don't you just go to the ATT store and find out...or call. It is pretty easy.

maryamaz

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I called Apple tech support with my problems, and they said I needed a replacement. I have an appointment at the Apple store tomorrow.

Do you have an Apple store nearby? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to make an appointment with them.

iWantiPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I called Apple tech support with my problems, and they said I needed a replacement. I have an appointment at the Apple store tomorrow.

Do you have an Apple store nearby? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to make an appointment with them.

not really. Like an hour away. I might go tommorow.

And I didn't call because they are closed.

psl6978

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
on calls i have been getting an annoying echo... would this be considered a service or iphone problem?

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I will say they do have replacements at the Apple stores. I took back my 1st iPhone 3G today and they swapped mine out for another. As an FYI, the new iPhone I received was just a phone in a white box. Not a complete new set of accessories and phone with new iphone box etc. Needless to say, I am happy and everything looks and works great now!

(There were also two other iphone 3G replacements while I got mine replaced and 2 1st generation iPhones)

colleyvillesoon

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Can I return to an apple store if I purchased at AT&T? The right side of mine isn't flush where the whitevmeets the chrome. I'm assuming that's not normal since the other side is flush. You can literally feel a lip on the whole side.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Can I return to an apple store if I purchased at AT&T? The right side of mine isn't flush where the whitevmeets the chrome. I'm assuming that's not normal since the other side is flush. You can literally feel a lip on the whole side.

Yes. I bought mine at AT&T and returned it the Apple store (screen issue) and was given a replacement.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Apple will replace your 3G iPhones 100% of the time, unless there is owner or operator abuse in someway; (water damage or dropping accidently causing dents or screen crack). Also, you have iPhone technical assistance via phone/landline. I might suggest AppleCare $69 for an extra year of warranty coverage...:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.