Replacements available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iWantiPhone, Jul 13, 2008.

1. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

my dads 3 day old iPhone 3g has a messed up earpiece. If I go to the AT&T store, can I get a replacement?

Also my headphones are crackling, can I get those repclaced?

Thx.
    iWantiPhone

2. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

3. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Why don't you just go to the ATT store and find out...or call. It is pretty easy.

4. maryamaz macrumors newbie

I called Apple tech support with my problems, and they said I needed a replacement. I have an appointment at the Apple store tomorrow.

Do you have an Apple store nearby? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to make an appointment with them.

5. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

not really. Like an hour away. I might go tommorow.

And I didn't call because they are closed.

6. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

They will replace everything when you go there just go with the box. They will probably just swap it out for another box. And you can reserve a spot online for the mac genius. http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

7. psl6978 macrumors newbie

on calls i have been getting an annoying echo... would this be considered a service or iphone problem?

8. iWantiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

Thx. I made an appointment but I can't guarantee I'll be there on time. What will happen if I'm an hour late/early?

9. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I will say they do have replacements at the Apple stores. I took back my 1st iPhone 3G today and they swapped mine out for another. As an FYI, the new iPhone I received was just a phone in a white box. Not a complete new set of accessories and phone with new iphone box etc. Needless to say, I am happy and everything looks and works great now!

(There were also two other iphone 3G replacements while I got mine replaced and 2 1st generation iPhones)

10. colleyvillesoon macrumors member

Can I return to an apple store if I purchased at AT&T? The right side of mine isn't flush where the whitevmeets the chrome. I'm assuming that's not normal since the other side is flush. You can literally feel a lip on the whole side.

11. gibbz macrumors 68030

Yes. I bought mine at AT&T and returned it the Apple store (screen issue) and was given a replacement.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Apple will replace your 3G iPhones 100% of the time, unless there is owner or operator abuse in someway; (water damage or dropping accidently causing dents or screen crack). Also, you have iPhone technical assistance via phone/landline. I might suggest AppleCare $69 for an extra year of warranty coverage...:cool: