Replacements for Visual Hub??? I miss making easy dvd's.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by knobtwiddler, Jun 5, 2010.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

This may be run into the ground already but has anyone found a great video converter like the great long lost visual hub? Or can anyone figure out how to get vhub to work on 10.6?

I'm getting really tired of having to use parallels/windows xp to convert my avi's, mpg's, and mk4's into DVD.

I know toast can do it but it comes out choppy often.

Also, I tried ReduxEncoder and it immediately looked like exactly what i was looking for but every time i try to make a dvd it gets stuck in the dvd authoring step.

Any ideas for this long lasting problem?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you tried Burn?

MPEG Streamclip might also be of help, but I don't think it can deliver video DVDs.

3. hhaggis macrumors newbie

visualhub

Hi.. I use visualhub on mac 10.6.7 with no bother at all. But It doesn't work on OS 10.7 lion as the user /library folder is now hidden.... But anyway, I purchased visualhub like you and were upset to see it go... the thing you will get stuck on is the ability to download the conversion binary library files on start up... either look on google for VisualHub_1.34a_Complete.dmg or go here... mediafire.com/?ejjmzznz2nm as it has all necessary files to install.. just enter you purchased license code.

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Simply create a .DV or .MOV file in MPEGstreamclip and run it through iDVD. Pretty simple.

@hhaggis: What do you mean the user/library folder is now hidden? No access at all? Not even through Terminal?