Replacing 2009 MacBook (polycarb) screen. Which should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheOriginalPol, Mar 23, 2012.

1. TheOriginalPol macrumors newbie

I got my hands on an old 2009 MacBook. NOT either of the unibodies, but the 2.13ghz model they made for a short time that year. It had no battery and the screen was shattered, but hey, I got it for free ;-)

Anyways, I'm browsing around ebay etc for a new screen. I have plenty of experience servicing Macs, so I'm not worried about "ease of installation" — but there seem to be a few different models/brands of screens used on these guys throughout the years. I was wondering if any of you lovely people in your infinite wisdom (not sarcasm :) knew which one would be the best, as far as quality, color, contrast, etc goes.

Here are the three main ones I'm considering:
    LP133WX1 (TL)(A1)
    LTN133W1-L01
    AU Optronics B133EW01 V.0

Thoughts?

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I've had to change multiple 2.13's MacBook screens a long time ago, and ended up buying them for around $85 off of EBay. I don't remember which model it was, but I do remember two things from the entire experience: the screens were glossy, and the connector on the back was attached right to the circuit board. Before that I ordered another LCD which didn't work. It had some converter connector on the back (meaning that its native plug was different size than what the MacBook required), and it wouldn't turn on.

There are several LCD's which are compatible with the MacBook, but the easiest thing to do is to take your screen apart and see what model it's using.

3. TheOriginalPol thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. It seems the most common model is the LG, and judging by quality of overall brand I'm tempted to go towards that one in the end.

I've noticed there seem to be many "versions" of the above screen. I am seeing LP133WX1(TL) (A1/A2/C1/N3), etc. Does anyone know about this? It seems like they're all compatible... which is the newest version?

Seems here that the N3 is the newest — except that post was from 2009.