Replacing a lightning port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freemanator3030, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Freemanator3030 macrumors newbie

Freemanator3030

Hi you won't believe it, I just had my camera replaced on my iPhone 6 Plus, have had it home for a week and somehow I've busted my lightning port! The charging is intermittent because the port seems to be loose (sometimes the charging cable just comes out) any ideas how much Apple charge to replace it?
    Many thanks.

2. OH!MAC™ macrumors member

OH!MAC™

sounds like it wasn't put back together correct, who did the camera?

3. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Did you check for clothes lints inside the port? Happened to a lot of people I know and seen it here also. Sometimes it get so full of it that the cable won't sit correctly inside it and you get loose cable plus charging problems.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I've had the lightning port "go bad" on me on a couple of occasions, but it turned out to be a build-up of lint. Check for it, although it can be difficult to see and it's not very obvious.

5. Freemanator3030 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freemanator3030

Hi, apple replaced my camera but I'm confident it's not them as its been fine for a whole week before the port has gone 'slack' so to speak. I can't see anything obstructing the port at all. It does charge, I just have to make sure that once I've got it charging, not to move the phone incase it looses connecrion.