Replacing a nice lbue sky?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shadowknight123, Aug 19, 2009.

1. shadowknight123 macrumors newbie

Hey im doign a dream sequence and three shots (one still two a lil shakky)

the one still one i did with just the pen tool and replaced the sky, looks awesome. :D

now im having trouble with my #2 and 3 shot. The sky is a nice blue, light at bottom dark to top, surrounded by greyish cement and the boy walks up this steep slope sky is in view.

I tracked the shot got the cloudy sky to stick to the shot pretty good, i was goign frame by frame and using the pen tool but i just dont find it to work professionaly, because with each frame u adjust the pen sometimes they just dont match with the next one or flow well and then it looks like garbage.
    Id have to do it with each frame because the camera moves rather quickly

Then i tried color correcting a lil to make the sky a lil bluer and keying it out, worked somewhat, but the characters face when he turns to the left barely, (his face has been faded off =( )

So im pretty much lost at what to do.. I dont NEED the clouds, but it would just add alot of depth and feeling to all of this.

Any other suggestions?

2. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Maybe if you posted some examples of what you are trying to do everyone would be able to better assist. Right now, I can't give you any advice because I don't know what you are starting with or what you want it to look like when you are done.

John

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

re-shoot with green screen....i can't think of another way