Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rossmurphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Hi All,

I have a macbook thats a couple of years old now. I got the flashing question mark on startup and have just about exhausted my options. I'm looking to replace the hard drive, currently it's a:

Toshiba MK6034GSX 60gb (http://shopper.cnet.com/internal-hard-drives/toshiba-mk6034gsx-hard-drive/4014-9998_9-31876515.html)

Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere that will ship to Australia. Does anyone know if I can replace the HD with a newer model of the toshiba and if so, any suggestions for more widely available models?

Thanks in advance.

S1Mac

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Yes you can use any 2.5" drive, however I would recommend another Toshiba. I have had numerous issues with Western Digital drives randomly freezing, search for more information. If not a Toshiba then Seagate is a close second.

Mutinygraphiks

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yes you can use any 2.5" drive, however I would recommend another Toshiba. I have had numerous issues with Western Digital drives randomly freezing, search for more information. If not a Toshiba then Seagate is a close second.

I would actually say its the other way around, Seagate then toshiba, only because i have had my 500gb seagate for 2 years and it works flawless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.