Replacing battery on 2010 MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sickly Grin, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Sickly Grin macrumors member

Sickly Grin

So, I live in Denmark, and here there are no official Apple stores. The only official retailer I went to today told me that a battery replacement for my 13" MBP would cost me a minimum of DKK 2000, which is about $285, and that I would have to wait 7-8 days for the service. That is not happening.

My best choice would be to buy a replacement battery online. Any suggestions for a good, reliable battery?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery or adapter, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoffs". Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries or adapters have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board. To me, it's not worth risking your $2000 Mac to save a few dollars on a replacement battery or adapter, but the choice is yours.
    Battery Service and Recycling
    Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions, including tips for maximizing battery performance. If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Sickly Grin thread starter macrumors member

Sickly Grin

Yeah, I figured anything non-Apple in regards to the battery would be a risk. Thanks for the tips!