Replacing fans with 360.done it?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by coffey7, Nov 15, 2008.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I have a Xbox 360 that has been working perfect since day. I bought it 6 months after launch. The thing I don't like is how loud the fans are. Has anyone out there changed theirs? I have seen videos about this before. I heard the 360 is almost to 25 million sold which is ahead of the original xbox. How many consoles has the ps3 sold? thanks.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Replacing the fan, or adding them little rubber rings to the screws, is all very easy. It's just getting into the 360. We cleaned up the fans on our broken 360 (fell off a desk and the whole unit split apart - still works). The spanner in the works though is it's the DVD drive that makes a 360 loud.

Newer models have quieter drives. If you were really desperate you could always replace the old, louder drive with a new one. They're easy to replace once you get inside a 360, just like a PC it's a standard sized IDE DVD.

And nexgenwars has the 360 at 21million, PS3 at 12million and Wii at 23million. Don't know how accurate them guys are though.

3. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I was reading in some game magazines that the 360 will be 25 million by the end of this month. I guess it was something special because it would mean they would have passed the total number of xbox 1 sales.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/xbox-360-to-break-25-million-barrier-soon

That was once source. Who knows for sure but at this point its Wii, 360 then Ps3.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Just wait for the dashboard update, buy the 120gb drive, and load up your games onto that.

You can replace the fans if you wish, they're 70mm fans, not 80mm as commonly used in PC's, if you can find some quiet ones, I believe there is a company that makes great quiet fans, that are clear, and the fan blades are orange, sorry i cant give any more details than that, but they are pretty damn good on pc's :)

Possibly Coolermaster?

5. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

Zalman? They're notorious for copper heatsink, with black/clear fans. :)

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

ASAKA :)

[​IMG]

If you can find a 70mm version of that, you're laughing :D

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

... wait... you wanna know if you can change fans, thus voiding your all-important 360 warranty?

but also how many more systems the 360 has sold over the PS3?

[​IMG]

8. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Which won't matter in less than 6 months since that will be three years since his purchase.