Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Furrybeagle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Hi. I have a February 2008 MBP 15", 2.4GHz, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB VRAM, 200 GB HDD. I really like the machine, but it's been developing a bunch of problems. On various occasions I've had the vertical display stripes (see front page news a few days back), dying trackpad and keyboard, fans that rev up to the highest setting (because one of the temperature sensors, according to iStat, gets set to -100), and even complete system crashes and display corruption (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1463519). The even more irritating thing is that none of these issues are reproducible, and sometimes the issue will disappear for a few weeks only to come back, once again. I have searched for solutions to all these issues, and have found no "real" fixes.

I have a feeling that the problem is not just related to one part of the system. Does anyone have any solutions for any of these issues... or has anyone had experience with getting AppleCare to replace their entire system? The last time I sent a computer into AppleCare they had it for three weeks "Waiting for Parts," except this time I can't really afford to be without my computer for three weeks. :(

Thanks in advance. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.