Replacing Front Bezel Macbook Pro A1260

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigbee64c, Dec 1, 2012.

1. bigbee64c macrumors newbie

The wife's Mac has cracked at the bottom of the front bezel. It's the 15" model A1260. Are there other 15" models that I could use a part off of? Say the case of a different model is the same, but a part inside the machine was different so apple gave it a different model number. Or is the only compatible replacement part going to come from the A1260?

B

2. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

The other non-unibody models should all work - A1226, A1150 and A1211. Go with A1260 or A1226 if you can as they are from the same generation.

3. bigbee64c thread starter macrumors newbie

4. bigbee64c thread starter macrumors newbie

I would like to do a follow up on this post just to share the info. It maybe helpful to someone else.

I replaced the front bezel on my wife's A1260, finally. I used a bezel from a A1150. It almost lined up perfectly. There is a slight centering problem from top to bottom. Also, I could not use a camera since there was not a place for the Inverter Board on the A1150. On top of that, the cables were different and I could not hook the A1150 camera up to the A1260 machine.

The good news? It holds the screen just fine and is 100% functioning in the manor. I did loose the camera though. For only $40 after shipping, I purchased a top half of an A1150 with a broke LCD After an evening of playing with an Apple machine, it was done, so I guess it was worth it. When I found out the LCD was GLUED to the bezel, it pissed me off though. That was the most time consuming part of the replacement since I did not want to damage the A1260 screen.

B