Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Well my lil 12" iBook G4 is nearing the 4 year mark and the battery has well and truly packed it in so I generally keep it plugged in all the time. Now my power cable is giving me trouble :(

Any UK users know of a reputable, reliable and AFFORDABLE vendor for Apple accessories - obviously I'm after a battery/power cable. I'm not fussed if they are third-party or genuine Apple products... so long as they are reliable!

Apple's £89 for a new battery seems like highway robbery (considering the iBook has been discontinued for ages now) and I can't even find a replacement power adapter in the online Apple store.

Muchos gracias!

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Like I suggest to everyone. Try ebay. You can find a good battery and Power adapter for like $50US. I don't know what that is in pounds but a lot cheaper then what Apple will sell them for. Just so you know any battery from a G3 or G4 and same thing with the AC adapter will work, just as long as you have the right size either 12" or 14". The OEM adapter will work no matter which model and come in either 45w or 65w.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.