Replacing icons in a theme

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by creativedogmedia, Jun 7, 2012.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I found some really nice Jaku icons and when I used iExplorer to look for the icon folders all I see in them is a file called icon2x.png. How to I replace an icon with another image within a theme?

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

You need to find the folder of the icon you want to replace.

For example if you want to change the Safari icon then look in the Bundles folder for com.apple.mobilesafari folder and replace/overwrite the icon inside with the new icon.

It has to have the same name though so either change the name of the original icon (i normally add another x after the 2) or just overwrite it if you dont want it anymore.

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

First of all, thanks for replying in a civil manner. I totally expected a db to respond with "here's how you do it - it's called search."

I have located the folder of the theme and am looking to change icons within that particular theme. I found the folders that you mention but they all have the same named file in them (1 per).

4. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

So, if it's just one then that'll be the icon that is being used at present. Name the new icon the same as the present one and drop it in the folder and it'll overwrite it.

Again if you want to keep it then rename it first.

5. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

So if I checked the icon sets of a theme that wasnt in use they would have actual names not just icon2x.png? Almost like it was showing me a temp file because it was being used?

6. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

No they'll be the same if they are in use or not.

7. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I just replaced about 6 icons under the Jaku theme. All but the photo icons were named icon2x.png. I renamed the old ones to oldicon2x.png. Restarted and no change.

8. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Did you rename the new icons exactly (all lower case) like the old icons?

Did you respring in Winterboard?

9. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Respringing did the trick. Thanks. Can't find the LinkedIn location though. Appreciate the help.

10. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn